[openstack-dev] [all] How to use libxml2 with tox

Clark Boylan cboylan at sapwetik.org
Thu Jan 11 23:09:34 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 11, 2018, at 1:52 PM, Kwan, Louie wrote:
> Would like to use libxml2 and having issues for tox.
>
> What needs to be included in the requirements.txt file etc.
>
> Any tip is much appreciated.

You likely need to make sure that libxml2 header packages are installed so that the python package can link against libxml2. On Debian and Ubuntu I think the package is libxml2-dev and is libxml2-devel on suse. This isn't something that you would add to your requirements.txt as it would be a system dependency. To get it installed on our test nodes you can add it to the project's bindep.txt file.

Hope this helps,
Clark