[openstack-dev] zuulv3 log structure and format grumblings

Andrea Frittoli andrea.frittoli at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 22:19:13 UTC 2018

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 8:35 PM melanie witt <melwittt at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 10:43:59 -0800, Clark Boylan wrote:
> > To expand a bit more on that what we are attempting to do is port the
> log handling code in devstack-gate [0] to zuul v3 jobs living in tempest
> [1]. The new job in tempest itself relies on the  ansible
> process-test-results role which can be found here [2]. Chances are
> something in [1] and/or [2] will have to be updated to match the behavior
> in [0].
> >
> > [0]
> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/tree/functions.sh#n524
> > [1]
> https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tempest/tree/playbooks/post-tempest.yaml#n8
> > [2]
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/zuul-jobs/tree/roles/process-test-results
>
> Thanks for the pointer. So far, I can't tell what's going wrong but I
> noticed that none of the items in post-tempest.yaml are making it to
> controller/logs/. The tempest.conf is missing under controller/logs/etc,
> the tempest.log is missing, accounts.yaml is missing, along with
> testr_results.html. The job-output shows that the post-tempest.yaml is
> being executed [1] but the results aren't making it to logs/.

Thanks for looking into this. The issue with the missing tempest log and
config
is related to a change in stage-dir on devstack side. The ansible user dir
is the
correct stage dir to be used, but tempest was still setting /opt/stack in
its post.
The fix for that is here [1].

In fact we should be able to stop invoking stage-output in tempest post and
only
extend the zuul_copy_output variable in the devstack-tempest job definition,
I'll look into that in the near future.

Andrea Frittoli (andreaf)

[1] https://review.openstack.org/532649