[openstack-dev] zuulv3 log structure and format grumblings

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 20:34:50 UTC 2018

On Fri, 05 Jan 2018 10:43:59 -0800, Clark Boylan wrote:
> To expand a bit more on that what we are attempting to do is port the log handling code in devstack-gate [0] to zuul v3 jobs living in tempest [1]. The new job in tempest itself relies on the  ansible process-test-results role which can be found here [2]. Chances are something in [1] and/or [2] will have to be updated to match the behavior in [0].
>
> [0]https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/devstack-gate/tree/functions.sh#n524
> [1]https://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/tempest/tree/playbooks/post-tempest.yaml#n8
> [2]http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/zuul-jobs/tree/roles/process-test-results

Thanks for the pointer. So far, I can't tell what's going wrong but I
noticed that none of the items in post-tempest.yaml are making it to
controller/logs/. The tempest.conf is missing under controller/logs/etc,
the tempest.log is missing, accounts.yaml is missing, along with
testr_results.html. The job-output shows that the post-tempest.yaml is
being executed [1] but the results aren't making it to logs/.

[1]
http://logs.openstack.org/95/523395/14/gate/tempest-full/ea04d53/job-output.txt.gz#_2018-01-10_19_15_27_228060