[openstack-dev] Openstack CLI issues

Akshay Kapoor akapoor87 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 17:57:25 UTC 2018

Hello Everyone !

I am facing some issues with the Openstack CLI

Scenario:

I have a domain admin user account (say 'A')

I want to assign this user as an 'admin' to two projects X and Y in the
same domain.

When I trigger the command 'openstack --insecure role add --user
"$OS_USERNAME" --project "X" admin' , I get the following error:

The request you have made requires authentication. (HTTP 401)

How can I add this admin user as an admin to two different tenants (where
this admin account has no role previously). Once this role assignment is
done, I want to setup rbac access between two projects 'X' and 'Y'

Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Best Regards,
Akshay