[openstack-dev] [pbr] support v_version

Gaetan gaetan at xeberon.net
Tue Jan 9 09:25:56 UTC 2018

Hello

I have submitted this patch ([1]) that add support for v_version in PBR.
Basically I can tag v1.0.0 instead of 1.0.0 to release 1.0.0.

However, after rework it appears PBR does not behaves well, even if the
unit tests pass:
On tag for instance v1.0.0, the result packages in named
`<mypackagename>-1.0.0.dev1`.

Do you know where I need to hack PBR to fix it?

Second point, to go to the end of the logic of my change, I would like to
propose an optional way (in setup.cfg?) to **prevent** any tag without the
'v' prefix, ie, where a bare version tag like `1.0.0` is not to be
considered as a valid version.
That way, on system such as gitlab or github:
- repository owners "protect" tags with pattern "v*", ie, all tags for
release such as "v1.0.0", ... cannot be pushed by anyone but the
owners/masters
- other developer can still push other tags for other purpose

What do you think about this proposal?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/531161/

Thanks
Regards