[openstack-dev] [designate] state of pdns4 backend

Ritesh Anand ranand at suse.com
Mon Jan 8 23:02:16 UTC 2018

Hi Stackers,

I see that we moved from PowerDNS Backend to PDNS4 backend, I have a few questions in that regard:

1. Should powerdns 3.4 (with PowerDNS backend) continue to work fine on Pike OpenStack?
2. Why did we change the default backend to BIND9?
3. How feasible is moving from one backend to other? Say if we move from PowerDNS to BIND9 backend, if I generate BIND zone files from PowerDNS mysql backed, and make necessary designate config changes, is that sufficient?

Thanks again for your help!

Best,
Ritesh