[openstack-dev] [infra][requirements][cinder] Handling requirements for driverfixes branches

Eric Harney eharney at redhat.com
Mon Jan 8 19:05:35 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to sort out how to run unit tests on Cinder driverfixes branches.

These branches are similar to stable branches, but live longer (and have
a different set of rules for what changes are appropriate).

In order for unit tests to work on these branches, requirements need to
be pinned in the same way they are for stable branches (i.e.
driverfixes/ocata matches stable/ocata's requirements).  Currently, unit
test jobs on these branches end up using requirements from master.

It is not clear how I can pin requirements on these branches, since they
aren't recognized as equivalent to stable branches by any of the normal
tooling used in CI.  I tried manually adding an upper-constraints.txt
here [1] but this does not result in the correct dependencies being used.

Where do changes need to be made for us to set the
requirements/upper-constraints correctly for these branches?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/503711/

Thanks,
Eric