[openstack-dev] [nova] [libvirt] [scaleio] ScaleIO libvirt volume driver native mode

Balázs Gibizer balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com
Mon Jan 8 14:59:06 UTC 2018

Hi,

Two years ago a patch merged [1] that set AIO mode of some of the
libivrt volume drivers to 'native' instead of the default 'threading'.
At that time the ScaleIO driver was not modified. Recently we did some
measurements (on Mitaka base) and we think that the ScaleIO volume
driver could also benefit from the 'native' mode. So in Rocky we would
like to propose a small change to set the 'native' mode for the ScaleIO
volume driver too. Does anybody have opposing measurements or views?

Cheers,
gibi

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/251829/