[openstack-dev] Keystone Team Update - Weeks of 25 December 2017 and 1 January 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Jan 5 17:16:55 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Weeks of 25 December 2017 and 1 January 2018

## News

Happy new year! Things have been slow during the holiday season so not
much to report.

The policy meeting was short but we talked about starting up our
investigations into other RBAC systems again. Lance kicked off a
thread to gauge interest[1].

We're also ready to start planning for the PTG. Please add your ideas
to the etherpad[2]

[1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-January/125998.html
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-rocky-ptg

## Open Specs

Search query: https://goo.gl/pc8cCf

None at this time

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://goo.gl/gu9yQa

We merged 28 changes in the last two weeks. A lot of those were to
convert the old dependency-injection mechanism for internal APIs to
use a centralized provider manager.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://goo.gl/CkMmbK

There are 74 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have
no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots.

In particular, there are a set of changes that reorganize our api-ref
into a consistent format that are ready to go:
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+topic:api-ref-reorganization

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/queens/schedule.html

The extras-ATC deadline is next week, so if there are any non-code
keystone contributors that we need to get on the list we should figure
that out ASAP.

The following week is the final non-client library release date, so
things like keystonemiddleware, keystoneauth, oslo.policy, etc will
need a final release.

Feature freeze is the following week - Jan 22 -2 26 - so all of our
in-flight major features will have to be merged by the end of that
week.

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter