[openstack-dev] [TripleO][CI] Which network templates to use in CI (with and without net isolation)?

Sagi Shnaidman sshnaidm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 4 22:26:45 UTC 2018

Hi, all

we have now network templates in tripleo-ci repo[1] and we'd like to move
them to tht repo[2] and to use them from there. We have also default
templates defined in overcloud-deploy role[3].
So the question is - which templates should we use and how to configure
them?
One option for configuration is set network args (incl. isolation) in
overcloud-deploy role[3] depending on other features (like docker, ipv6,
etc).
The other is to set them in featureset[4] files for each job.
The question is also which network templates we want to gate in CI and
should it be the same we have by default in tripleo-quickstart-extras?

We have a few patches from James (@slagle) to address this topic[5] and
from Arx for this issue[6].

Please feel free to share your thoughts what and where should be tested in
CI from network templates.

Thanks

[1]
https://github.com/openstack-infra/tripleo-ci/tree/821d84f34c851a79495f0205ad3c8dac928c286f/test-environments