[openstack-dev] [tripleo] TripleO CI end of sprint status

Arx Cruz arxcruz at redhat.com
Thu Jan 4 21:17:06 UTC 2018

Hello,

On January 03 we came the end of sprint using our new team structure, and
here’s the highlights.

Sprint Review:

This was a tech debt sprint, and due the holidays and mostly of the team
out, we haven't set a goal for this sprint, leaving the team free to work
on the tech debt cards, as much as the time permits.

One can see the results of the sprint via https://trello.com/c/fvLpZMF6/

Tripleo CI community meeting

   - Promotion issues due mistral
   -

      http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-January/125935.html
      <http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-January/125935.html)>
      -

      The plan (from Emilien's email)
      -

         Carry Steve's patch in Mistral distgit:
         -

            https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/11140/ - DONE
            -

         Remove featureset010 from promotion requirements - DONE
         -

         Once we have a promotion, we'll be able to land
         https://review.openstack.org/#/c/530783/ - IN PROGRESS
         -

         Once https://review.openstack.org/#/c/530783/ is landed, and the
         upstream patch is landed, revert
         https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/11140/ (otherwise RDO will
         become inconsistent) and failing to build on master)
         -

         Re-add featureset010 in promotion requirements (revert
         https://review.rdoproject.org/r/#/c/11142) so we'll catch the
         issue next time.
         -

         Landed in current-tripleo because we don't have voting in
         multinode job and scenario 001, 002 and 003 were non voting
         -

   Scenario jobs not voting due timeouts
   -

      http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-January/125935.html
      -

   Which scenario / services we care about
   -

      We need an investigation to determine what we want to test in our
      scenario jobs, and what we don't, in order to release resources and focus
      our work on
      -

   Graphite report status
   -

      Working on grafana
      -

      Initially focused on OVB jobs

Ruck and Rover

What is Ruck and Rover

One person in our team is designated Ruck and another Rover, one is
responsible to monitoring the CI, checking for failures, opening bugs,
participate on meetings, and this is your focal point to any CI issues. The
other person, is responsible to work on these bugs, fix problems and the
rest of the team are focused on the sprint. For more information about our
structure, check [1]

List of bugs that Ruck and Rover were working on:

   -

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1736113
   CI: newton promotion fails because no stable/newton branch in aodh
   -

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1740940
   Tempest test on Ocata failing with Error: No valid Host was found
   -

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1740934 Tracker Bug: Tempest
   fails with packaging error - python-oslo-db-tests
   -

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1739661 Tracker Bug:
   Intermittent failures creating OVB stacks on RDO Cloud since upgrade  (**
   would like to close this bug - tenant has been cleaned up and is working)
   -

   https://bugs.launchpad.net/tripleo/+bug/1739639 ci.centos gate are
   failing with THT default change

We also have our new Ruck and Rover for this week:

   -

   Ruck
   -

      Arx Cruz - arxcruz|ruck
      -

   Rover
   -

      Gabrielle Cerami - panda|rover

If you have any questions and/or suggestions, please contact us

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509280/