[openstack-dev] zuulv3 log structure and format grumblings

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 14:46:38 UTC 2018

I've talked to a few people on the infra team about this but I'm not
sure what is temporary and transitional and what is permanent and needs
to be fixed, and how to fix it.

The main issue is for newer jobs like tempest-full, the logs are under
controller/logs/ and we lose the log analyze formatting for color, being
able to filter on log level, and being able to link directly to a line
in the logs.

Should things be like logs/controller/* instead? If not, can someone
point me to where the log analyze stuff runs so I can see if we need to
adjust a path regex for the new structure?

The other thing is zipped up files further down the directory structure
now have to be downloaded, like the config files:

http://logs.openstack.org/69/530969/1/check/tempest-full/223c175/controller/logs/etc/nova/

I think that's part of devstack-gate's post-test host cleanup routine
where it modifies gz files so they can be viewed in the browser.

Please let me know if there is something I can help with here because I
really want to get the formatting back to help with debugging CI issues
and I've taken for granted how nice things were for oh these many years.

Matt