[openstack-dev] [nova] about backup instance booted from volume

Matt Riedemann mriedemos at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 00:46:36 UTC 2018

On 12/27/2017 9:52 PM, Jaze Lee wrote:
>> Hello,
>>     This is the spec about backup a instance booted from volume, anyone
>> who is interested on booted from volume can help to review this. Any
>> suggestion is welcome.
> The spec is here.
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/530214/2
>

> Thanks a lot...
>>

>> --
>> 谦谦君子

I dug up this old change from Fei Long Wang about the same thing:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/164494/

As I mentioned in the bug and the spec, you should reference, or we can
restore, that change and you can take ownership of it if Fei Long
doesn't plan on working on it.

It will require a new microversion which should be called out in the
spec review.

This is something to discuss for the Rocky release at this point since
we're past spec freeze for Queens.

Matt