[openstack-dev] [designate] need help with managed resource tenant ID

Graham Hayes gr at ham.ie
Wed Jan 3 17:58:54 UTC 2018

On 03/01/18 17:50, Ritesh Anand wrote:
> Hi Stackers,
>
> Happy new year!!
>
> I am working around Designate service and have been seeing this warning
> in designate-central.log:
> 2017-12-12 06:25:47.022 31171 WARNING designate.central.service [-]
> Managed Resource Tenant ID is not properly configured
>
> Looks like the config options:
> [service:central]/managed_resource_tenant_id = "" and
> managed_resource_email = ""
> are being used to hold resources internally created by Designate (namely
> PTR records for FIPs, etc.).
>
> I need your help in finding a good value for these configurations to
> support in our deployments.
> What are you using?

We have previously used the project ID for the designate service
project. As long as it is an actual unique project, it is fine.

The email is used in the SOA record for reverse DNS zones, and as a
temporary email while we import secondary zones. This means that it
should be a per customer thing, and usually would be the email for the
team running the DNS service.

Thanks,

Graham