[openstack-dev] [designate] need help with managed resource tenant ID

Ritesh Anand ranand at suse.com
Wed Jan 3 17:50:32 UTC 2018

Hi Stackers,

Happy new year!!

I am working around Designate service and have been seeing this warning in designate-central.log:
2017-12-12 06:25:47.022 31171 WARNING designate.central.service [-] Managed Resource Tenant ID is not properly configured

Looks like the config options: [service:central]/managed_resource_tenant_id = "" and managed_resource_email = ""
are being used to hold resources internally created by Designate (namely PTR records for FIPs, etc.).

I need your help in finding a good value for these configurations to support in our deployments.
What are you using?

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks,
Ritesh