[openstack-dev] [cinder][nova] Update attachments on replication failover

Matthew Booth mbooth at redhat.com
Tue Feb 27 10:02:57 UTC 2018

Couple of thoughts:

Sounds like the work Nova will have to do is identical to volume update
(swap volume). i.e. Change where a disk's backing store is without actually
changing the disk.

Multi-attach! There might be more than 1 instance per volume, and we can't
currently support volume update for multi-attached volumes.

Matt

On 27 February 2018 at 09:45, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/26/2018 9:52 PM, John Griffith wrote:
>
>> ​Yeah, it seems like this would be pretty handy with what's there.  So
>> are folks good with that?  Wanted to make sure there's nothing contentious
>> there before I propose a spec on the Nova and Cinder sides. If you think it
>> seems at least worth proposing I'll work on it and get something ready as a
>> welcome home from Dublin gift for everyone :)
>>

> I'll put it on the nova/cinder PTG etherpad agenda for Thursday morning.
> This seems like simple plumbing on the nova side, so not any major problems
> from me.
>
> --
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt