[openstack-dev] [cinder][nova] Update attachments on replication failover

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 21:52:57 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 2:47 PM, Matt Riedemann <mriedemos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2/26/2018 9:28 PM, John Griffith wrote:
>
>> I'm also wondering how much of the extend actions we can leverage here,
>> but I haven't looked through all of that yet.​
>>

> The os-server-external-events API in nova is generic. We'd just add a new
> microversion to register a new tag for this event. Like the extend volume
> event, the volume ID would be provided as input to the API and nova would
> use that to identify the instance + volume to refresh on the compute host.
>
> We'd also register a new instance action / event record so that users
> could poll the os-instance-actions API for completion of the operation.

​Yeah, it seems like this would be pretty handy with what's there.  So are
folks good with that?  Wanted to make sure there's nothing contentious
there before I propose a spec on the Nova and Cinder sides.  If you think
it seems at least worth proposing I'll work on it and get something ready
as a welcome home from Dublin gift for everyone :)
​