[openstack-dev] [release] Release countdown for week R-0, February 24 - March 3

Sean McGinnis sean.mcginnis at gmx.com
Thu Feb 22 16:33:55 UTC 2018

This is the final countdown email for the Queens development cycle. Thanks to
everyone involved in the Queens release!

Development Focus
-----------------

Teams attending the PTG should be preparing for those discussions and capturing
information in the etherpads:

    https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTG/Rocky/Etherpads

General Information
-------------------

The release team plans on doing the final Queens release on 26 February. That's
right, I said February. We will re-tag the last commit used for the final RC
using the final version number.

The cycle-trailing projects will need to have release candidates posted by 1
March. They will then have two weeks before their release deadline on 15 March.

If you have not already done so, now would be a good time to take a look at the
Rocky schedule and start planning team activities:

    https://releases.openstack.org/rocky/schedule.html

Actions
---------

PTLs and release liaisons should watch for the final release patch from the
releae team. While not required, we would appreciate having an ack from each
team before we approve it on the 26th.

Upcoming Deadlines & Dates

Rocky PTG in Dublin: Week of February 26, 2018
Queens cycle-trailing RC1 deadline: March 1
Queens cycle-trailing final release: March 15

--
Sean McGinnis (smcginnis)