[openstack-dev] [all][api] POST /api-sig/news
ed at leafe.com
Thu Feb 22 16:22:40 UTC 2018
Greetings OpenStack community,
Well, with PTG just around the corner, and the API-SIG portion of that just 4 days away, we elected to have a quick meeting today. The only topic we needed to discuss was the results of our votes for the topics to cover on Monday. We used an etherpad with the proposed topics , and edleafe compiled the results here . Since "microversions" appears in one of the topics, I'm sure we'll be in discussions all day.
So if you will be in Dublin next week, the API-SIG is meeting all day Mondy. Please join us!
As always if you're interested in helping out, in addition to coming to the meetings, there's also:
* The list of bugs  indicates several missing or incomplete guidelines.
* The existing guidelines  always need refreshing to account for changes over time. If you find something that's not quite right, submit a patch  to fix it.
* Have you done something for which you think guidance would have made things easier but couldn't find any? Submit a patch and help others .
# Newly Published Guidelines
None this week.
# API Guidelines Proposed for Freeze
Guidelines that are ready for wider review by the whole community.
None this week.
# Guidelines Currently Under Review 
* Add guideline on exposing microversions in SDKs
* Add API-schema guide (still being defined)
* A (shrinking) suite of several documents about doing version and service discovery
Start at https://review.openstack.org/#/c/459405/
* WIP: microversion architecture archival doc (very early; not yet ready for review)
# Highlighting your API impacting issues
If you seek further review and insight from the API SIG about APIs that you are developing or changing, please address your concerns in an email to the OpenStack developer mailing list with the tag "[api]" in the subject. In your email, you should include any relevant reviews, links, and comments to help guide the discussion of the specific challenge you are facing.
To learn more about the API SIG mission and the work we do, see our wiki page  and guidelines .
Thanks for reading and see you next week!
Past Meeting Records
-- Ed Leafe
More information about the OpenStack-dev