[openstack-dev] [heat] heat-dashboard is non-free, with broken unit test env

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Feb 21 14:35:15 UTC 2018

Hi there!

I'm having big trouble package heat-dashboard for Debian. I hope I can
get help through this list.

In here:

heat_dashboard/static/dashboard/project/heat_dashboard/template_generator/js/

we have minified *only* versions of Javascript.

1/ Why is there only minified versions? That's non-free to me, Debian,
and probably any other distro caring about OpenStack.
2/ Why do we even have a folder called "vendors"? Doesn't this sound
really a bad practice?
3/ Why is there so many angular-*.min.js files? Do we need them all?
4/ Why isn't the package using xstatic-angular and friends?

As it stands, I can't upload heat-dashboard to Debian for Queens, and
it's been removed from Horizon... :(

Oh, and I almost forgot! When running unit tests, I get:

PYTHON=python$i NOSE_WITH_OPENSTACK=1 \
                NOSE_OPENSTACK_COLOR=1 \
                NOSE_OPENSTACK_RED=0.05 \
                NOSE_OPENSTACK_YELLOW=0.025 \
                NOSE_OPENSTACK_SHOW_ELAPSED=1 \
                DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE=heat_dashboard.test.settings \
                python$i
/home/zigo/sources/openstack/queens/services/heat-dashboard/build-area/heat-dashboard-1.0.2/manage.py
test heat_dashboard.test --settings=heat_dashboard.test.settings

No local_settings file found.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/home/zigo/sources/openstack/queens/services/heat-dashboard/build-area/heat-dashboard-1.0.2/manage.py",
line 23, in <module>
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)

[ ... some stack dump ...]

  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/fasteners/process_lock.py", line
147, in acquire
    self._do_open()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/fasteners/process_lock.py", line
119, in _do_open
    self.lockfile = open(self.path, 'a')
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied:
'/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/openstack_dashboard/local/_usr_lib_python3_dist-packages_openstack_dashboard_local_.secret_key_store.lock'

What thing is attempting to write in my read only /usr, while Horizon is
correctly installed, and writing its secret key material as it should,
in /var/lib/openstack-dashboard? It's probably due to me, but here, how
can I make heat-dashboard unit test behave during package build? What's
this "No local_settings file found" thing? Other dashboards didn't
complain in this way...

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)