[openstack-dev] [all] [QA] PTG QA Help Room on Monday-Tuesday: open discussion + stestr + tempest plugins

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Wed Feb 21 03:33:47 UTC 2018

Hi All,

As you might have notice about QA Help Rooms in mail thread[1], this
is further announcement of the QA Help Room from Monday- Tuesday in
Dublin PTG.

QA team will be present in "Davin Suite" along with infra, stable,
release and other horizontal team [2]. Main idea for conducting the
helproom is to get together and discuss the topuics or any help you
want from QA or knowledge sharing etc.

We are open to discuss any topic during helproom. Along with that we
also have 2 dedicated Topic to cover. Schedule & Details for QA
helproom can be found in QA PTG etherpad [3]

1. "Stestr Sessions followed by Q&A". - Interested people can learn
about stestr, how to use, migrate to stestr. If you have some feedback
or improvement points Or i will say if you need any kind of help on
stestr then, this is good sessions to join. Thanks to matt and
masayuki for giving time for this.

2. "Tempest Plugin, May we Assist you". - We will spend some dedicated
time for Tempest Plugins. There are always many queries about what all
tempest interfaces plugins should use and sometime complain (or many
time :)) Tempest always change their interface and break plugins.
Let's understand the interface change issue and what interfaces
plugins should and should not use. Though we have very clear
documentation for that but still it is good to talk face to face.  If
you want to implement new Tempest plugin, you can ask us how to do or
if you have existing plugin, you can ask for any kind of help/queries.
In addition, feedback/improvement/specific requirement can be
discussed.

3. Open Discussion - Everyone is most welcome to discuss any topic,
learn about QA, help us or get help from us.

.. [1] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2018-February/127407.html
.. [2] http://ptg.openstack.org/ptg.html
.. [3] https://ethercalc.openstack.org/Rocky-PTG-QA-Schedule
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/qa-rocky-ptg