[openstack-dev] [docs] About the convention to use '.' instead of 'source'.

Dean Troyer dtroyer at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 14:52:19 UTC 2018

>> On 2018-02-18 03:55:51 -0600 (-0600), Monty Taylor wrote:
>> > That said - I completely agree with fungi on the description of
>> > the tradeoffs of each direction, and I do think it's valuable to
>> > pick one for the docs.

FWIW, DevStack declared long ago that it was built to use bash, even
though in some cases the shebang may even be /bin/sh.  While other
similar shells have been accommodated in the past they are considered
unsupported because we do not expect reviewers to know the subtlties
of similar shells.   Those who use zsh and friends are on the hook to
maintain the compatibility and their patches are (mostly?) accepted.

dt

--

Dean Troyer
dtroyer at gmail.com