[openstack-dev] [oslo.db] [all] please DO NOT IMPORT from oslo_db.tests.* ! projects doing this need to revert ASAP

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Mon Feb 19 23:57:55 UTC 2018

On Mon, Feb 19, 2018 at 10:00:59AM -0500, Michael Bayer wrote:
> Hi list -
>
> Apparently Cinder was misled by my deprecations within the
> oslo_db.sqlalchemy.test_base package of DbFixture and DbTestCase, and
> in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/522290/ the assumption was made
> that these should be imported from oslo_db.tests.sqlalchemy.    This
> is an immense mistake on my part that I did not expect people to go
> looking for the same names elsewhere in private packages and now we
> have a serious downstream issue as these modules are not packaged, as
> well as the possibility that the oslo_db.tests. package is now locked
> in time and I have to add deprecations there also.
>
> If anyone knows of projects (or feels like helping me search) that are
> importing *anything* from oslo_db.tests these must be reverted ASAP.

I get:

[tony at thor openstack]$ grep -Erin '((from|import) oslo_db.tests|from oslo_db import tests)' */*/*
openstack/cinder/cinder/tests/unit/db/test_migrations.py:29:from oslo_db.tests.sqlalchemy import base as test_base
openstack/glance/glance/tests/functional/db/test_migrations.py:23:from oslo_db.tests.sqlalchemy import base as test_base
openstack/glare/glare/tests/unit/db/migrations/test_migrations.py:35:from oslo_db.tests.sqlalchemy import base as test_base
openstack/ironic/build/lib/ironic/tests/unit/db/sqlalchemy/test_migrations.py:47:from oslo_db.tests.sqlalchemy import base as test_base
openstack/ironic/ironic/tests/unit/db/sqlalchemy/test_migrations.py:47:from oslo_db.tests.sqlalchemy import base as test_base
openstack/neutron/neutron/tests/unit/db/test_sqlalchemytypes.py:19:from oslo_db.tests.sqlalchemy import base as test_base

+ bunch of oslo_db hits but I guess they're un interesting ;P

I last updated my local clones yesterday so it shouldn't be too far from
the current state.

Yours Tony.