[openstack-dev] [nova] review priorities etherpad for rocky

melanie witt melwittt at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 21:35:38 UTC 2018

Howdy Stackers,

I’ve set up the review priorities etherpad [1] for us to use during the Rocky cycle. It’s the same format we had back in Pike with the exception of a couple of new sections I’ve added: "Non-priority approved blueprints” and "Co-authors wanted”. The idea of the etherpad is to organize a subset of proposed patches to focus review and make it easy to find “what can I review today?” The etherpad is organized by subteam/topic, so reviewers can easily find the latest and greatest patches for each area. As a subteam/topic member, please add links to your patches accordingly.

The "Non-priority approved blueprints” is a new section I’d like to try out to create some visibility for non-priority work that is ready for review. I’m thinking if we have a section for it, it will be easier to keep reviews for those blueprints in our rotation. If the section gets too large, we can create a new etherpad for that and link to it in the section.

The other new section is called "Co-authors wanted”. Here I’d like to provide a place where authors can link patches they’d like to collaborate on with one or more other co-authors. The common scenario I think about is: an author has researched a bug and is able to propose a patch, but doesn’t have the time or the knowhow to provide test coverage in the patch. They could add the patch to the “Co-authors wanted” section and if another author is interested, they could join the patch, add the test coverage, and add themselves as co-author. By doing this, I hope to make it easier for co-authors to work on patches together.

Let me know if you have any questions about the etherpad.

Thanks,
-melanie

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/rocky-nova-priorities-tracking