[openstack-dev] [tripleo] Updates on containerized undercloud

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Sun Feb 18 18:18:23 UTC 2018

This is an update on what has been achieved this week with the regard of
Containerized Undercloud efforts in TripleO:

TL;DR: really good efforts have been made and we can now deploy a full
(multinode) overcloud in CI. OVB testing in progress and lot of remaining
items!

## Bugfixes
docker-registry: add missing firewall rules -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/545185/
mistral-executor: mount /var/lib/mistral -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/545143/
docker: configure group/user for deployment_user -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/544761/ + dependencies
Fix PublicVirtualFixedIPs in envs - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/544744/
Align zaqar max_messages_post_size with undercloud -
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/544756/
undercloud_post: fix subnet name - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/544587/

## CI
We manage to run a containerized overcloud deployed by a containerized
undercloud in CI, results can be seen here:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/542906/
The job is running on featureser010 now (for testing purpose) but as James
mentioned in the review, we won't switch this job to run a containerized
undercloud. Note there is no impact on the job runtime.
We'll need to properly deprecate the non-containerized undercloud first but
we'll need to find a CI job that we can use for gating, so we avoid
regression during the cycle.
Now we're working on deploying featureset001 (ovb-ha), with TLS, net-iso,
Ironic/Nova/Neutron (baremetal bits) from a containerized undercloud:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/542556/
It's not working yet but we're working toward the blockers as they come
during testing.

# TLS Support
All patches that were in progress have been merged, and now under testing
in ovb-ha + containerized u/c (see above).

# UI Support
Work is still in progress, patches are ready for review, but some one them
don't pass pep8 yet. We'll hopefully fix it soon.

# Other items
routed ctlplane networking: Harald is currently making progress on the
items, some patches are ready for review.
Create temp copy of tripleo-heat-templates before processing them: Bogdan
is working on https://review.openstack.org/#/c/542875 - the patch is under
review!
Upgrades: no work has been started so far but we'll probably discuss about
this topic during the PTG.

As usual please comment or add anything that I missed.
Thanks all for your help/reviews/efforts so far,

Emilien

--
Emilien Macchi