[openstack-dev] [yaql] [tripleo] Backward incompatible change in YAQL minor version

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Sun Feb 18 00:35:36 UTC 2018

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 04:40:12PM -0500, Dan Prince wrote:
> Thanks for the update Emilien. A couple of things to add:
>
> 1) This was really difficult to pin-point via the Heat stack error
> message ('list index out of range'). I actually had to go and add
> LOG.debug statements to Heat to get to the bottom of it. I aim to sync
> with a few of the Heat folks next week on this to see if we can do
> better here.
>
> 2) I had initially thought it would have been much better to revert
> the (breaking) change to python-yaql. That said it was from 2016! So I
> think our window of opportunity for the revert is probably way too
> large to consider that. Sounds like we need to publish the yaql
> package more often in RDO, etc. So your patch to update our queries is
> probably our only option.

I'm keen to sit down at the PTG for a quick discussion on how the
requirements team can better support RDO (and therefore tripleo) to
test these OpenStack deliverables sooner.

As you point out the commit was from Aug 2016, which was released in Mar
2017.  It was added to upper-constraints almost immediately and
global-requirements (as the minimum supported version) in Aug 2017.

However, it was only recently added to RDO.

So if there is anything we can do on the requirements team to signal
these changes that isn't being done already lets work out what it is :)

Yours Tony.