[openstack-dev] [nova] signing up as a bug tag owner

Ghanshyam Mann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Sat Feb 17 11:55:21 UTC 2018

On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 7:40 AM, melanie witt <melwittt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 16, 2018, at 06:11, Balázs Gibizer <balazs.gibizer at ericsson.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On the weekly meeting melwitt suggested [1] to have people signed up for certain bug tags. I've already been trying to follow the bugs tagged with the 'notifications' tag so I sign up for this tag.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> gibi
>>
>> [1]http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/nova/2018/nova.2018-02-15-21.01.log.html#l-86
>
> Fantastic, gibi! I’ve added a new row to the Tag Owner table for ‘notifications' bugs and added you as the tag owner.
>
> For anyone else who is interested in helping out, please see the wiki [2] for instructions on how to help with bug triage in nova.
>
> The easiest thing to do is to tag bugs with a category if they have not been tagged yet. This is meant to be a low time/low effort activity to put bugs into buckets for domain experts (bug tag owners) to triage as the next step. Tags are things like ‘api’, ‘volumes’, ‘scheduler’, ‘libvirt’, ‘xenapi’, ‘placement’, ‘notifications’, and so on.
>
> If there’s an area of nova you have familiarity with, please consider joining as a bug tag owner and help determine validity and severity of bugs in your area of expertise. There can be several owners for a tag, so feel free to pitch in even if a tag already has an owner. The idea with tag owners is to spread the task of bug triage among our team and it's more “fun(TM)” to triage bugs in an area in which you are familiar.
>
> I see a lot of untagged bugs since the weekly meeting have already been tagged with categories and we have a couple of new bug tag owners, so thank you for the help!

Thanks melwitt. I think you already have my name for api on wiki page.
I will be putting some dedicated time to triage those. even though
there is only 1 New bug but there are total 61 bugs for api [1] and i
am sure there might be some cleanup needed for in-progress bugs etc.

..1 https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=api

-gmann