[openstack-dev] [tripleo] modifications to the tech debt policy

Gabriele Cerami gcerami at redhat.com
Fri Feb 16 17:35:43 UTC 2018

Hi,

I started circling around technical debts a few months ago, and recently
started to propose changes in my team (CI) process on how to manage
them.
I didn't realize there was already a policy discussed and merged, and I
underestimated the audience for my proposal, which cannot be only my team
anymore.

I'm proposing a modification to the existing policy here

https://review.openstack.org/545392

I have tried to add an expanded definition of what we can consider
technical debt, the consequences it has to our development tasks, and a
process to properly identify, evaluate and decide how much of a risk
they pose and how not to let create unrealistic expectations on the time
available for the implementation of future features.

I hope it's not too late to have a discussion on these modifications at
the PTG too

Thanks.