[openstack-dev] [monasca][congress] help configuring monasca for gate

Eric K ekcs.openstack at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 22:24:37 UTC 2018

Thank Witek =)

We're looking at getting pushed alarm data from Monasca via webhook.
Fabiog started that quite a while back and we're hoping to revive it. Not
sure there is any feature requests. But I do want to understand the
authentication situation in Monasca webhook. Wondering whether Congress
should require keystone auth in the webhook request or expect
unauthenticated requests.

On a much more ambitious and speculative front, we're also thinking about
how Congress may be able to leverage Monasca to evaluate certain policies.
It's also something we explored with fabiog before. For example, if there
is a rule that identifies low usage servers:
  underutilized_servers(server_id) :-
      ceilometer:statistics(meter_name='cpu_util',resource_id=server_id,
avg=avg),        builtin:lt(avg, 10)
There may be a way for Congress to (semi) automatically create a
corresponding Monasca alarm and rewrite the rule to depend on the alarm.

I'd also love to hear if there are any other thoughts for how one project
may benefit from the other.

Eric Kao (ekcs)