[openstack-dev] [infra] [all] project pipeline definition should stay in project-config or project side ?

gmann gmann at ghanshyammann.com
Tue Feb 13 14:05:34 UTC 2018

Hi Infra Team,

I have 1 quick question on zuulv3 jobs and their migration part. From
zuulv3 doc [1], it is clear about migrating the job definition and use
those among cross repo pipeline etc.

But I did not find clear recommendation that whether project's
pipeline definition should stay in project-config or we should move
that to project side.

IMO,
'template' part(which has system level jobs) can stay in
project-config. For example below part-

https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/e2b82623a4ab60261b37a91e311118301927b9b6/zuul.d/projects.yaml#L10507-L10523

Other pipeline definition- 'check', 'gate', 'experimental' etc should
be move to project repo, mainly this list-
https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/zuul.d/projects.yaml#L10524-L11019

If we move those past as mentioned above then, we can have a
consolidated place to control the project pipeline for
'irrelevant-files', specific branch etc

..1 https://docs.openstack.org/infra/manual/zuulv3.html

-gmann