[openstack-dev] [neutron][lbaas][neutron-lbaas][octavia] Announcing the deprecation of neutron-lbaas and neutron-lbaas-dashboard

Gary Kotton gkotton at vmware.com
Mon Feb 12 12:12:35 UTC 2018

Hi,
I have a number of issues with this:
1. I do not think that we should mark this as deprecated until we have a clear and working migration patch. Let me give an example. Say I have a user who is using Pike or Queens and has N LBaaS load balancers up and running. What if we upgrade to T and there is no LBaaS, only Octavia. What is the migration path here? Maybe I have missed this and would be happy to learn how this was done.
2. I think that none of the load balancing vendors have code in Octavia and this may be a problem (somewhat related to #1). I guess that there is enough warning but this is still concerning
3. The migration from V1 to V2 was not successful. So, I have some concerns about going to a new service completely.
I prefer that we hold off on this until there is a clear picture.
Thanks
Gary

    On 2018-01-31 22:58, Akihiro Motoki wrote:
    > I don't think we need to drop translation support NOW (at least for
    > neutron-lbaas-dashboard).
    > There might be fixes which affects translation and/or there might be
    > translation improvements.
    > I don't think a deprecation means no translation fix any more. It
    > sounds too aggressive.
    > Is there any problem to keep translations for them?

    Reading the whole FAQ - since bug fixes are planned, translations can
    merge back. So, indeed we can keep translation infrastructure set up.

    I recommend to translators to remove neutron-lbaas-dashboard from the
    priority list,

    Andreas

    > Akihiro

    >> In that case, I suggest to remove translation jobs for these repositories,
    >>
    >> Andreas
    >> --
    >>  Andreas Jaeger aj@{suse.com,opensuse.org} Twitter: jaegerandi
    >>   SUSE LINUX GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany
    >>    GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton,
    >>        HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)
    >>     GPG fingerprint = 93A3 365E CE47 B889 DF7F  FED1 389A 563C C272 A126

           HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)