[openstack-dev] [osc][python-openstackclient] Consistency of option name

Hongbin Lu hongbin034 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 04:18:10 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I was working on the OSC plugin of my project and trying to choose a CLI
option to represent the availability zone of the container. When I came
across the existing commands, I saw some inconsistencies on the naming.
Some commands use the syntax '--zone <xxx>', while others use the syntax
'--availability-zone <xxx>'. For example:

* openstack host list ... [--zone <zone>]
* openstack aggregate create ... [--zone <availability-zone>]
* openstack volume create ... [--availability-zone <availability-zone>]
* openstack consistency group create ... [--availability-zone
<availability-zone>]

I wonder if it makes sense to address this inconsistency. Is it possible
have all commands using one syntax?

Best regards,
Hongbin