[openstack-dev] [keystone] Keystone Team Update - Weeks of 29 January and 5 February 2018

Colleen Murphy colleen at gazlene.net
Fri Feb 9 22:51:42 UTC 2018

# Keystone Team Update - Weeks of 29 January and 5 February 2018

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I missed the last update, here's
an update for the last two weeks.

## News

### RC1

RC1 was cut today[1]. We expect to release an RC2 after branching
since we have a translations patch and a couple of bugfixes that we
hope to get in.

### PTG Planning

We're finalizing topics to cover during the cross-project days of the PTG[2].

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/542385/
[2] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/baremetal-vm-rocky-ptg

## Open Specs

Search query: https://goo.gl/pc8cCf

We don't have any new specs proposed currently but Adrian has hinted
that an interesting one is on its way[3].

[3] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-operators/2018-February/014852.html

## Recently Merged Changes

Search query: https://goo.gl/hdD9Kw

We merged 33 changes this last week, 76 since the last update
newsletter. These included the last of our api-ref reorganization
changes, cleanup of v2 cruft and documentation, and some major
bugfixes.

## Changes that need Attention

Search query: https://goo.gl/tW5PiH

There are 25 changes that are passing CI, not in merge conflict, have
no negative reviews and aren't proposed by bots. Please focus reviews
on release-critical bugs.

## Milestone Outlook

https://releases.openstack.org/queens/schedule.html

We've released our RC1 and we are in hard string freeze. We have two
more weeks to make another RC release.

## Shout-outs

Thanks to our Outreachy intern Suramya for completing our api-ref
reorganization! This was a big step in making our API reference more
useable. Of course we have many more things for you to help us with ;)

## Help with this newsletter

Help contribute to this newsletter by editing the etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/keystone-team-newsletter