[openstack-dev] [ironic][triploe] support for firmware update

Moshe Levi moshele at mellanox.com
Thu Feb 8 07:43:37 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I saw that ironic-python-agent support custom hardware manager.
I would like to support firmware updates (In my case Mellanox nic) and I was wandering how custom hardware manager can be used in such case?
How it is integrated with ironic-python agent and also is there an integration to tripleO as well.

The use case for use is just to make sure the correct firmware is installed on the nic and if not update it during the triple deployment.

[1] - https://docs.openstack.org/ironic-python-agent/pike/contributor/hardware_managers.html