[openstack-dev] [heat][rally] What should we do with legacy-rally-dsvm-fakevirt-heat

Andrey Kurilin andr.kurilin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 19:39:02 UTC 2018

Hi Rico and stackers,

Thanks for raising this topic.

Short answer: please leave it as is for now. Rally team will work on ZuulV3
jobs soon.

Detailed: We are planning to make some big changes in our architecture
which includes splitting the main repo into a separate repository for a
framework and a separate repository for all OpenStack plugins.
To minimize work across all projects which have Rally job, we decided to
pause working on ZuulV3 until the split will be finished.
As for estimates, I'm planning to make the final release before splitting
today or tomorrow. As soon as new release will be ready, we will start
working on splitting and CI as well.

Thanks for the patient and for using Rally!

> Hi heat and rally team
>
> Right now, in heat's zuul jobs. We still got one legacy job to change
> `legacy-rally-dsvm-fakevirt-heat` [1] which I already put a patch out
> here [2], but after discussion with infra team, it seems best if we can
> define this in rally, and reference it in heat.
> So my question to rally team for all these will be, do we still need this
> job? and how you guys think about if we put that into rally?
>
> [1] https://github.com/openstack-infra/project-config/blob/master/zuul.d/
> projects.yaml#L6979
> [2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509141
> --