[openstack-dev] [all][Kingbird]Multi-Region Orchestrator

Chris Friesen chris.friesen at windriver.com
Wed Feb 7 16:20:02 UTC 2018

On 02/05/2018 06:33 PM, Jay Pipes wrote:

> It does seem to me, however, that if the intention is *not* to get into the
> multi-cloud orchestration game, that a simpler solution to this multi-region
> OpenStack deployment use case would be to simply have a global Glance and
> Keystone infrastructure that can seamlessly scale to multiple regions.
>
> That way, there'd be no need for replicating anything.

One use-case I've seen for this sort of thing is someone that has multiple
geographically-separate clouds, and maybe they want to run the same heat stack
in all of them.

So they can use global glance/keystone, but they need to ensure that they have
the right flavor(s) available in all the clouds.  This needs to be done by the
admin user, so it can't be done as part of the normal user's heat stack.

Something like "create a keypair in each of the clouds with the same public key
and same name" could be done by the end user with some coding, but it's
convenient to have a tool to do it for you.

Chris