[openstack-dev] [ptg] Track around release cycle, consumption models and stable branches

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Feb 7 11:42:05 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in brainstorming the
question of how to better align our release cycle and stable branch
maintenance with the OpenStack downstream consumption models. That
includes discussing the place of the distributions, the need for LTS,
and where does the open source upstream project stop.

I have hesitated to propose it earlier, as it sounds like a topic that
should be discussed with the wider community at the Forum. And it will,
but it feels like this needs a deeper pre-discussion in a productive
setting, and tonyb and eumel8 have been proposing that topic on the
missing topics etherpad[1], so we might as well take some time at the
PTG to cover that.

Would anyone be interested in such a discussion ? It would be scheduled
on the Tuesday. How much time would we need ? I was thinking we could
use only Tuesday afternoon.

[1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/PTG-Dublin-missing-topics

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)