[openstack-dev] [glance][cinder]Question about cinder as glance store

Gorka Eguileor geguileo at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 10:27:04 UTC 2018

On 07/02, Rikimaru Honjo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm planning to use cinder as glance store.
> And, I'll setup cinder to connect storage by iSCSI multipath.
>
> In this case, can I run glance-api and cinder-volume on the same node?
>
> In my understanding, glance-api will attach a volume to own node and
> write a uploaded image to the volume if glance backend is cinder.
> I afraid that the race condition of cinder-volume's iSCSI operations
> and glance-api's iSCSI operations.
> Is there possibility of occurring it?
> --
> _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
> Rikimaru Honjo
> E-mail:honjo.rikimaru at po.ntt-tx.co.jp

Hi,

When properly set with the right configuration and the right system and
OpenStack packages, Cinder, OS-Brick, and Nova no longer have race
conditions with iSCSI operations anymore (single or multipathed), not
even with drivers that do "shared target".

So I would assume that Glance won't have any issues either as long as
it's properly making the Cinder and OS-Brick calls.

Cheers,
Gorka.