[openstack-dev] [tripleo] how to reproduce tripleo ci

Jiří Stránský jistr at redhat.com
Wed Feb 7 10:26:47 UTC 2018

On 6.2.2018 19:58, Wesley Hayutin wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The TripleO-CI team has added a recreate / reproduce script to all the
> tripleo upstream ci jobs as an artifact [1-2] much like the devstack
> reproduce.sh script.  If you find yourself in need of recreating a tripleo
> ci job please take a look at the instructions.

That looks great, kudos CI team!

> At this time the reproduction of ci is only supported by using an openstack
> cloud to provision test nodes, libvirt and other approaches are not yet
> supported but are on the roadmap.

If someone needs to deploy on libvirt something resembling CI, it seems
generally possible to use the featuresets as general_config for OOOQ on
libvirt too (with small tweaks). I've used featuresets to deploy
overcloud (on a pre-existing reusable undercloud) when working on
Kubernetes/OpenShift [3-4].

The main thing to watch out for is that the featuresets may be setting
NIC configs unsuitable for libvirt env. I think those are set either via
the `network_isolation_args` parameter directly in the featureset, or
via referencing a t-h-t scenario which includes
`OS::TripleO::*::Net::SoftwareConfig` overrides in its resource
registry. So one has to make sure to override those overrides. :)

Jirka

[3] https://www.jistr.com/blog/2017-11-21-kubernetes-in-tripleo/
[4] https://www.jistr.com/blog/2018-01-04-openshift-origin-in-tripleo/