[openstack-dev] [security] Security PTG Planning, x-project request for topics.

Giuseppe de Candia giuseppe.decandia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:21:46 UTC 2018

Hi Folks,

I know the request is very late, but I wasn't aware of this SIG until
recently. Would it be possible to present a new project to the Security SIG
at the PTG? I need about 30 minutes. I'm hoping to drum up interest in the
project, sign on users and contributors and get feedback.

For the past few months I have been working on a new project - Tatu [1]- to
automate the management of SSH certificates (for both users and hosts) in
OpenStack. Tatu allows users to generate SSH certificates with principals
based on their Project role assignments, and VMs automatically set up their
SSH host certificate (and related config) via Nova vendor data. The project
also manages bastions and DNS entries so that users don't have to assign
Floating IPs for SSH nor remember IP addresses.

I have a working demo (including Horizon panels [2] and OpenStack CLI [3]),
but am still working on the devstack script and patches [4] to get Tatu's
repositories into OpenStack's GitHub and Gerrit. I'll try to post a demo
video in the next few days.

best regards,
Pino