[openstack-dev] [kolla] [ptl] Rocky PTL candidacy

duonghq at vn.fujitsu.com duonghq at vn.fujitsu.com
Mon Feb 5 10:32:11 UTC 2018

Hello everybody,

Kolla is already in production-grade state for a deployment system.  In my
country, I helped one media company using Kolla to deploy OpenStack cluster in
production and I'll have chance to help another company in Vietnam using Kolla
in production in the near future.

I joined Kolla team from Newton, and I always remember how much help I got from
Kolla PTL, core-reviewer and all other members. I'm serving as core reviewer
from Pike cycle. I have contributed many blueprints, bugs report and fix from
the first days I joined Kolla team [1][2][3][4].

>From the first day, I am impressed by the diversity of Kolla team, so we get
many ideas for new feature, bug fix and code review.

For Rocky cycle, I would like to focus on the following goals:

* Focus on feedback from Kolla users, their needs and also hassle.
* Improve Kolla documentation, keep it update with the code.
* Encourage diversity in our community.
* Improve cross community communication.
* Implement upgrade procedure for OpenStack services [5]
* Reduce upgrade time to zero downtime upgrade for OpenStack service.
* Start fast forward upgrade support (the 7th point in [6])
* Bring upgrade test to our CI and improve existed facets.
* Implement nodes change feature for Kolla (start with remove node feature).
* Bring Kolla-kubernetes to 1.0 release.

Last but not least, I want to introduce Kolla to many users, companies,
encourage core reviewer membership, prioritize pending features and many other
activities as PTL responsibilities.

Thank you for reading this long email and please consider it as my PTL
candidacy. And I hope you give me one chance to serve as your PTL for the
Rocky cycle.

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/kolla
[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/kolla-ansible
[3] https://bugs.launchpad.net/kolla/