[openstack-dev] [sdk][release][requirements] FFE request for openstacksdk 0.11.3

Matthew Thode prometheanfire at gentoo.org
Sun Feb 4 19:35:41 UTC 2018

On 18-02-04 09:32:25, Monty Taylor wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'd like to request another FFE to fix several neutron commands in
> python-openstackclient for queens and also to unbreak
> python-openstackclient's gate.
>
> The release proposal patch is here:
>
> https://review.openstack.org/540657
>
> The issue at hand was:
>
> The osc-functional-devstack-tips job, which tests master changes of
> openstackclient and openstacksdk against each other with
> openstackclient's functional tests was broken and was not testing
> master against master but rather master of openstackclient against
> released version of SDK. Therefore, the gate that was protecting us
> against breakages like these was incorrect and let us land a patch that made
> invalid query parameters raise errors instead of silently not filtering -
> without also adding missing but needed query parameters as valid.
>
> The gate job has been fixed and SDK as of the proposed commit fixes the
> osc-functional-devstack-tips job. That can be seen in
> https://review.openstack.org/540554/ The osc-functional-devstack job, which
> checks OSC master against released SDK is broken with sdk 0.11.2 because of
> the bug fixed in the SDK patch.
>
> We would want to bump the upper-constraints from 0.11.2 to 0.11.3 in both
> stable/queens and master upper-constraints files.

As a UC bump you have my +2

It seems like these things require a gr bump even more now, which would
cause client re-releases iirc.  My question has more to do with having
this not happen again.  Do you cross gate with other projects (clients)?
That would allow you to check what's going into your master with what's
in the client master to ensure no breakage.

--
Matthew Thode (prometheanfire)