[openstack-dev] [sdk][release][requirements] FFE request for openstacksdk 0.11.3

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Sun Feb 4 15:32:25 UTC 2018

Hi!

I'd like to request another FFE to fix several neutron commands in
python-openstackclient for queens and also to unbreak
python-openstackclient's gate.

The release proposal patch is here:

https://review.openstack.org/540657

The issue at hand was:

The osc-functional-devstack-tips job, which tests master changes of
openstackclient and openstacksdk against each other with
openstackclient's functional tests was broken and was not testing
master against master but rather master of openstackclient against
released version of SDK. Therefore, the gate that was protecting us
against breakages like these was incorrect and let us land a patch that
made invalid query parameters raise errors instead of silently not
filtering - without also adding missing but needed query parameters as
valid.

The gate job has been fixed and SDK as of the proposed commit fixes the
osc-functional-devstack-tips job. That can be seen in
https://review.openstack.org/540554/ The osc-functional-devstack job,
which checks OSC master against released SDK is broken with sdk 0.11.2
because of the bug fixed in the SDK patch.

We would want to bump the upper-constraints from 0.11.2 to 0.11.3 in
both stable/queens and master upper-constraints files.

Thanks!
Monty