[openstack-dev] Remembering Shawn Pearce (fwd)

Adam Spiers aspiers at suse.com
Fri Feb 2 15:52:24 UTC 2018

Dear Stackers,

Since git and Gerrit are at the heart of our development process, I am
passing on this very sad news from the git / Gerrit communities that
Shawn Pearce has passed away after an aggressive lung cancer.

Shawn was founder of Gerrit / JGit / libgit2 / git-gui, and the third
most prolific contributor to git itself.

    https://gitenterprise.me/2018/01/30/shawn-pearce-a-true-leader/
    https://sfconservancy.org/blog/2018/jan/30/shawn-pearce/
    https://twitter.com/cdibona/status/957822400518696960
    https://public-inbox.org/git/CAP8UFD0aKqT5YXJx9-MqeKCKhOVGxninRf8tv30=hKgVmHgmQQ@mail.gmail.com/T/#mf5c158c68565c1c68c80b6543966ef2cad6d151c
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/repo-discuss/B4P7G1YirdM/discussion

He is survived by his wife and two young sons.  A memorial fund has
been set up in aid of the boys' education and future:

    https://gitenterprise.me/2018/01/30/gerrithub-io-donations-to-shawns-family/

Thank you Shawn for enriching our lives with your great contributions
to the FLOSS community.

----- Forwarded message from Adam Spiers <aspiers at suse.com> -----