[openstack-dev] [docs][ptl] PTL candidacy for Docs

Petr Kovar pkovar at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 19:09:22 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I'd like to announce my candidacy for PTL of the Docs project for Rocky.

I've been the Docs PTL since Queens and besides my work on OpenStack docs, I
also contribute to the RDO Project.

During the Queens cycle, we mostly finalized our work on project docs
migration, we also continued assisting project teams with their setup for
project-specific content, we improved our template system for
docs.openstack.org, stopped unpublishing EOL content, and more.

We now also have a docs mission statement to help us identify project goals
within a broader OpenStack context. For Rocky, we need to review and
revisit the team goals and continue working on areas like docs theme and
build automation, alongside the content restructure and rework of what is
left in openstack-manuals.

Our Rocky PTG planning is well underway but I think it is now more important
than ever that we keep the project as open as possible to all potential
documentation contributors, regardless of whether they attend in-person
events or not, this also includes drive-by contributions.

Thank you,
pk