[openstack-dev] [keystone][nova][ironic][heat] Do we want a BM/VM room at the PTG?

Rico Lin rico.lin.guanyu at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 16:05:53 UTC 2018

> Fair point. When the "VM/baremetal workgroup" was originally formed,
> the goal was more about building clouds with both types of resources,
> making them behave similarly from a user perspective, etc. Somehow
> we got into talking applications and these other topics came up, which
> seemed more interesting/pressing to fix. :)
>
> Maybe "cross-project identity integration" or something is a better name?

Cloud-Native Application IMO is one of the ways to see the flow for both
VM/Baremetal.
But  It's true if we can have more specific goal coss project to make sure
we're marching to that goal (which `VM/baremetal workgroup` formed for)
will be even better.
Instead of modifying the name, I do prefer if we can spend some time to
trace current flow and come out with specific targets for teams to work on
in rocky to allow building both types of resources and feel like same flow
to user, and which of cause includes what keystone already started. So
other than topics Collen mentioned above (and I think they all great), we
should focus working on what topics we can comes out from here (I think
that's why Collen start this ML). Ideas?

--
May The Force of OpenStack Be With You,

*Rico Lin*irc: ricolin