[openstack-dev] [tripleo]Testing ironic in the overcloud

Derek Higgins derekh at redhat.com
Thu Feb 1 14:35:53 UTC 2018

Hi All,
   I've been working on a set of patches as a WIP to test ironic in the
overcloud[1], the approach I've started with is to add ironic into the
overcloud controller in scenario004. Also to run a script on the controller
(as a NodeExtraConfigPost) that sets up a VM with vbmc that can then be
controlled by ironic. The WIP currently replaces the current tempest tests
with some commands to sanity test the setup. This essentially works but
things need to be cleaned up a bit so I've a few questions

o Is scenario004 the correct choice?

o Should I create a new tempest test for baremetal as some of the
networking stuff is different?

o Is running a script on the controller with NodeExtraConfigPost the best
way to set this up or should I be doing something with quickstart? I don't
think quickstart currently runs things on the controler does it?

thanks,
Derek.

[1] - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/485261
      https://review.openstack.org/#/c/509728/