[openstack-dev] [vitrage][ptl] PTL candidacy for Rocky

Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava) ifat.afek at nokia.com
Thu Feb 1 13:59:14 UTC 2018

Sorry for the copy&paste problem in the previous email…
Ifat

On 01/02/2018, 15:24, "Afek, Ifat (Nokia - IL/Kfar Sava)" <ifat.afek at nokia.com> wrote:

    Hi all,

    I would like to announce my candidacy to continue as Vitrage PTL for the Rocky
    release.

    I’ve been the PTL of Vitrage since the day it started, in the Mitaka release.
    I think we have made an amazing journey, and we now have a mature, stable and
    well known project. During the Queens cycle our community has grown, and we
    managed to complete many important tasks, like:

    * API for template add and template delete
    * Enhancements in the templates language
    * API for registering web hooks on Vitrage alarms
    * Performance enhancements, mostly around parallel evaluation of the templates

    I believe that these new features will greatly improve the usability of
    Vitrage.

    As for the Rocky cycle, I think we have many challenging tasks in our road map.
    We have a great team which combines very experienced contributors and
    enthusiastic newcomers, and we are always happy to welcome new contributors.

    The issues that I think we should focus on are:

    * Alarm and resource aggregation
    * Proactive RCA (Root Cause Analysis)
    * RCA history
    * Kubernetes Support
    * API enhancements, mostly around the topology queries

    I look forward to working with you all in the coming cycle.

    Thanks,
    Ifat.