[openstack-dev] [all][infra] Automatically generated Zuul changes (topic: zuulv3-projects)

Takashi Yamamoto yamamoto at midokura.com
Thu Feb 1 04:49:11 UTC 2018

On Thu, Feb 1, 2018 at 2:59 AM, James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Occasionally we will make changes to the Zuul configuration language.
> Usually these changes will be backwards compatible, but whether they are
> or not, we still want to move things forward.
>
> Because Zuul's configuration is now spread across many repositories, it
> may take many changes to do this.  I'm in the process of making one such
> change now.
>
> Zuul no longer requires the project name in the "project:" stanza for
> in-repo configuration.  Removing it makes it easier to fork or rename a
> project.
>
> I am using a script to create and upload these changes.  Because changes
> to Zuul's configuration use more resources, I, and the rest of the infra
> team, are carefully monitoring this and pacing changes so as not to
> overwhelm the system.  This is a limitation we'd like to address in the
> future, but we have to live with now.
>
> So if you see such a change to your project (the topic will be
> "zuulv3-projects"), please observe the following:
>
> * Go ahead and approve it as soon as possible.
>
> * Don't be strict about backported change ids.  These changes are only
>   to Zuul config files, the stable backport policy was not intended to
>   apply to things like this.
>
> * Don't create your own versions of these changes.  My script will
>   eventually upload changes to all affected project-branches.  It's
>   intentionally a slow process, and attempting to speed it up won't
>   help.  But if there's something wrong with the change I propose, feel
>   free to push an update to correct it.

1. is it ok to create my version of the change when making other
changes to the file?  eg. https://review.openstack.org/#/c/538200/

2. as a reviewer, what should i do to the similar changes which is not yours?
https://review.openstack.org/#/q/topic:zuulv3-projects+NOT+owner:%22James+E.+Blair+%253Ccorvus%2540inaugust.com%253E%22