[openstack-dev] [Tripleo] fluentd logging status

Juan Antonio Osorio Robles jaosorior at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 13:08:24 UTC 2018

Logging is a topic that I think should get more love on the TripleO side.

On 08/24/2018 12:17 PM, Juan Badia Payno wrote:
> Recently, I did a little test regarding fluentd logging on the gates
> master[1], queens[2], pike [3]. I don't like the status of it, I'm
> still working on them, but basically there are quite a lot of
> misconfigured logs and some services that they are not configured at all.
>
> I think we need to put some effort on the logging. The purpose of this
> email is to point out that we need to do a little effort on the task.
>
> First of all, I think we need to enable fluentd on all the scenarios,
> as it is on the tests [1][2][3] commented on the beginning of the
> email. Once everything is ok and some automatic test regarding logging
> is done they can be disabled.
Wes, do you have an opinion about this? I think it would be a good idea
to avoid these types of regressions.

> I'd love not to create a new bug for every misconfigured/unconfigured
> service, but if requested to grab more attention on it, I will open it.
One bug to fix all this is fine, but we do need a public place to track
all the work that needs to be done. Lets reference that place on the
bug. Could be Trello or an etherpad, or whatever you want, it's up to you.